Thursday, June 23, 2011

Calling In The Pack




16" x 20", Oil on canvas, framed
$600.00 - The price includes shipping.
Email finelinegallerymail@gmail.com for details.  I do take payments.

Certified check or money order please.

I first got fascinated by wolves when my grandfather read me "The Jungle Book" by Rudyard Kipling, about the adventures of Mowgli, a young boy who was raised by wolves. Wolves have never been an object of fear for me -- to the contrary I feel a deep affinity with wolves.

This recent painting was inspired by the reintroduction of wolves to Yellowstone National Park in January 1995. My wife and I were staying at The Buffalo Ranch in the Lamar Valley when the first wolves were brought in. Since that time I've spent many hours watching wolves in Yellowstone Park; and the activities of the wolves have helped to restore the Park's ecological balance.

1 comment: